Sunday, December 22, 2013

Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan

 "Blood on the Tracks" had a huge impact on the way I listened to music. It wasn't the words, I couldn't understand them when I first heard it. It was the melody, the voice, the music. Then, later in my life, it came full circle when I could  relate it to real life, so it became clear in all its misery and pain.

I was in my early teens when it came out. I was already a kind of misfit, rock 'n roller, deep into hard and progressive rock, but it took me ages to understand this record. No guitar solos! How come they call it a masterpiece? It  was a slow process, and when it finally hit me it was my ear had been opened for the first time. The second time it hit me I was midway upon the journey of life and found myself within a dark forest. Then, it really made sense.

Why anyone would listen to a record like that? Dylan himself asked. Because everybody needs to relate, especially when their world comes tumbling down. 











Dylan net
Blood on the Tracks - The Untold Story, by Glenn Berger
Shelter From The Storm – The Inside Story of Blood on the Tracks









No comments:

Post a Comment